Boysen® Acrytex™ Cast #1711
DESCRIPTION: Boysen® Acrytex™ Cast #1711 is an acrylic solvent-based putty for correction of minor surface imperfections when a plain finish of Boysen® Acrytex™ Topcoat is desired. Gives an elegant and durable textured finish when applied with a mortar gun. It is water tight thus can repel water and prevent seepage. Noted for excellent adhesion and long term durability.
PRINCIPAL USES: For new and previously painted exterior and interior masonry, wood and fiber cement boards. It also acts as a water repellent. Creates a very tight film, serving as a moisture sealant for concrete and a stain inhibitor for wood.
PRACTICAL COVERAGE : As putty -- 10-12 sq.m./gal/coat
As texture -- 5-6 sq.m./gal/coat
APPLICATION : by mortar gun (texture) or putty knife (putty)
SURFACE DRY : Thirty (30) minutes
DRY THROUGH : Two (2) hours
OVERCOATING INTERVAL : Four (4) hours
THINNING : Use Boysen® Acrytex™ Reducer #1750 only
PACKAGING : 4-liter can
Allow new masonry to dry for 14 to 28 days under normal weather conditions before painting. No need to treat new masonry with Boysen® Masonry Neutralizer #44. Surface to be painted should be clean and dry, free from oil, grease, dust, dirt, contaminants, and all loose grit and mortar.
For surfaces previously painted with latex, enamel or lacquer coatings, scrape to bare substrate and clean surface thoroughly, then follow schedule for new painting.
1. Prime bare substrate with Boysen® Acrytex™ Primer #1705.
2. Putty minor surface imperfections with Boysen® Acrytex™ Cast #1711. Spot prime puttied areas.
3. Brush on Boysen® Acrytex™ Primer #1705 when a high gloss finish on wood is desired.
4. Finish with two (2) coats of Boysen® Acrytex™ Topcoat to desired sheen.
1. Prime bare substrate with Boysen® Acrytex™ Primer # 1705.
2. Spray Boysen® Acrytex™ Cast # 1711 with mortar gun. Press Acrytex™ Cast with plain wooden roller 10-15 minutes after spraying. Wet wooden roller with Boysen® Acrytex™ Reducer #1750 to prevent the roller from sticking to the cast.
3. Finish with two (2) coats of Boysen® Acrytex™ Topcoat to desired sheen.